The Parish Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Tuhelj, a cultural monument of the highest first category, was built between 1350 and 1390, according to the records of the Parish. It is a single-aisle late Gothic building, repeatedly rebuilt. Next to the main facade is a late Baroque bell tower. The supporting pylons, which carry the cross-baroque ceiling in the church aisle and were installed after the earthquake of 1880, build side niches, resembling shallow chapels. The entrance door from 1805 is made of wrought iron, and the large bronze crucifix is the work of the famous Croatian sculptor Antun Augustinčić (1942). The sanctuary and church were thoroughly renovated in 2000.
In addition to the parish church of the BVM in Tuhelj, and on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the apparition of Our Lady of Lourdes in 2008, a cave of apparitions was erected in honor and thanks to Her. Seven years later, in 2015, new stations of the Way of Cross were created in the area between the parish church and the parish court, to encourage people to worship the Mother of God as well as the Passion of Jesus.
Thus, every major religious event in the parish is held in front of the cave of Our Lady of Lourdes, and prayer at the stations of the cross throughout Lent, Fridays and Sundays, and on the three-day Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary and on the very day when the Way of the Cross is celebrated in the glory of the Passion of Jesus.
The central Square of Tuhelj in front of the entrance to the parish cemetery is adorned with a statue of the Immaculate Conception of Mary. Today's statue is new, while the pedestal and pillar on which it stands date from 1892. The statue was erected with the charity of Tuhelj’s parishioners.